9/23/14

25 cents gets you a cute plastic ring




I've discovered that while working at Forever 21 has its perks, it has also changed my wardrobe entirely to nearly everything Forever 21 Besides the occasional t-shirt that I order on a whim after becoming addicted to a certain movie, book, or television show (I promise you, I have more over sized t-shirts with actors faces on them than I can count). Fortunately for myself having a cornucopia of clothing by Forever, it allows my bank account to breathe and if any of you reading this are interesting in my outfits, you can buy pieces of them for cheap amounts. The one thing I do splurge on though is boots, but who wants to walk around in twenty dollar boots that form blisters on the balls of your feet? Not me! These boots are my mum's though (oops, I steal a lot of her clothes), and possibly my favorite pair of boots to wear. Not only are they comfortable, but they're so warm and très chic!

If there are two things that I can promise you I will never stop loving, it is plaid and rings. Plaid skirts, plaid shirts, plaid flannels, plaid socks, plaid headbands, (maybe not plaid pants), & plaid shorts! Shoot, I might even wear plaid shoes if I was feeling a little risky and wanted to play up an outfit. There's something about it that draws me in, and I can never seem to stop myself from piling everything plaid into my shopping bag and suddenly realizing how I cannot match plaid with plaid (please, I may love it but I'm not about to commit a fashion faux pas)! As for rings, I feel like they're never going to go out of style. Even though they turn each and every finger of mine a dark green, I'll still put them on the next day (bring on the green hand)! If you go into a pizza place with me I can assure you that right off the bat I will rummage through my purse to find a quarter. I will find my way into the room containing laser noises and kids screams, kneel down and stick the quarter into the metal slot of an ancient machine, turn the knob, and then uncap the plastic bubble that fell into my hand...only to reveal the ring with a metallic sheen and a plastic jewel which you will immediately find on one of my ten fingers. One of the rings I wore today I won in this exact manner at the beginning of summer.

That was probably way too much description for the measly moment of obtaining a 25 cent ring, but I am very passionate about those plastic jewlery products--I promise! I wore my plastic peace sign choker-type-necklace (which I bought for 25 cents at the exact same pizza place as the ring) for three and a half months until I had to cut it off because it looked tacky when I wore my bridal shower outfit.

I guess essentially this blog post is to assure you that I am very cheap when it comes to my clothing choices, and everything I wear you could afford as well. That is, until I save up and buy my dream Burberry purse or leather jacket (keep dreaming Liv).



Thin, gray shirt - Forever 21
Plaid skirt - Forever 21
Brown knee high boots - Franco Sarto
Red headband - Forever 21
Necklace, gold rings, & silver rings - All Forever 21
Fox ring - Given to me as a gift from my lovely pal Mady
Plastic silver ring w/ pink jewel - Pizza Place in Twain Harte :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment